Tuesday 21 August 2007

Windows Home Server - Are you excited?

Are you excited about Microsoft Windows Home Server?

I think I may be. I have often pondered running a server at home, but the thought of actually managing it left me cold. Well, I may just warm up to Home Server. I have not beta tested it, so my opinion is based on the opinions of others.

Windows Home Server’s core functionality includes:Automatic backup of all Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Vista PCs on the networkCentralized storage of data and media filesExpandable disk drive capacityRemote access to files and folders from the Internet

You will be required to have a Windows Live ID as remote access is via a Windows Live hookup.

This may not have all of the functionality of a server, but it sure will go a long way towards making home system maintenance and backup a lot easier.

No comments: