Friday 17 August 2007

Blue-ray vs HD-DVD - Here We Go Again

Blue-ray or HD-DVD. That is the question. It seems that once again, just like the fiasco over Beta and VHS, we are entering into another realm of conflict in which we the consumer are the victims. With two competing formats, it will be the consumer that will have to decide which format will be the winner. But in the mean time, the confusion on which format is really better rages on.

I was at Circuit City today talking to one of the sales people about something else, when this topic came up. His feeling was that both formats would be around. I just kind of looked at him. I thought to myself, the movie companies will produce both Blue-ray and HD-DVD’s. Why?

So what are we consumers supposed to do? Buy one or the other and take a chance? I don’t want to get into a argument about which format is better. From what I have read both are very good. I have also read somewhere that we might have to buy combo units to play both formats.

So what do you think? Are we consumers in for another Beta vs VHS war?

No comments: