Friday 17 August 2007

Microsoft Snuck CardSpace Onto Your XP PC

CardSpace (formerly InfoCard) is Microsoft’s new digital identity meta-system that comes with Windows Vista by default. Now, if you have .NET Framework 3.0 on your PC, you have CardSpace; it’s a .NET 3.0 component. But you probably didn’t know that (I didn’t) unless you’re a .NET enthusiast. There was no fanfare about it.

I’m glad to see it, in a way–as CardSpace becomes widely adopted, it’s going to make the Internet a much more secure place. It just bothers me that I didn’t know about it. I would have been playing with it long before now.

Cheers!
The Geek

Have a question? It can be about anything from cooking to science, whatever you’re interested in: Click here to Ask the Geek! Kenny “The Geek” Harthun has been playing with geeky stuff since 1965. He’s a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer with Connective Computing, Inc. and loves to learn about anything and everything.

No comments: